The sour cake is light and crisp and easy recipes for kitty




Hello and welcome to the channel

todays recipe is easy everyday Lemon Cake delicious light made with easy ingredients I hope you all 

enjoy the video and lets begin

we will need 4 large eggs

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 tbsp fresh lemon juice

the zest of 2 large lemons

1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour

1/4 tsp salt

1 tbsp baking powder

1 cup sugar you can reduce it to 3/4 cup

1 tbsp vanilla extract

I will be using a stand mixer

but you can use a hand electric mixer

however it is very important to use an electric mixer

add to the eggs and the vanilla to the bowl of the mixer

beat over medium high speed

till light in color and double in volume

just like you see here

add the sugar

the vegetable oil

beat for a minute to combine

add the baking powder to the flour

we will be adding the flour in two additions

to prevent overbeating the batter

II add half of the flour salt and baking powder mix

I beat for a few seconds only

then I add the remaining half of the mix

I beat few more seconds

thats it we wont need the electric mixer anymore

make sure there is no flour in the bottom of the sides

I found the batter to be a little too thick

so i added 2 tbsp of milk

I mixed that in

I added the lemon juice

mixed that in

I added 1/2 tsp of lemon extract (optional)

I added the zest of the lemons

mixed that in with a spatula

because I find that the zest stick to the beaters otherwise

the batter is ready

butter and flour a medium size cake pan

pour the batter in

you can use any other pan you have

as long as it is medium size

twirl the batter around

to prevent it from overrising in the middle

preheat the oven to 350 f 15 minutes before baking

bake till golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean

from 45 to 55 minutes

allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan

allow to cool completely before slicing

dust lightly with powdered sugar

slice the cake when it has cooled

the cake smells delicious

light fluffy and very good

I hope you all enjoyed the video

see you all soon